NetFabric is a rapidly growing enterprise Managed Services Provider based in the Oklahoma City area. We are seeking highly skilled and motivated Shift Supervisor to work in our 24×7 Network Operations Center. We are currently staffing for all shifts, (which should be understood as a player-coach position for a senior technologist with solid leadership and mentoring experience: this role is strictly hands-on technical positions).
The Network Operations Center (NOC) is a central location from which IT Support staff can monitor and manage client networks and systems. A NOC Technician monitors network components and devices through performance statistics, event logs, alert and alarm status indicators, and various remote management and monitoring tools and technologies to determine the health of those systems and remediate problems. They provide direct support for end-user environments and use workflow tools to ensure that problems are escalated to senior technicians and engineers as needed.
Lead Shift Technician (Supervisor) oversee the following roles.
Tier 1 NOC Technician – Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide timely and professional response to emails and phone calls
- Identify, remediate, and document issues / outages in accordance with operational runbooks
- Escalate service interruptions / outages in accordance with established agreements, obligations, and procedures
- Provide ongoing status updates for outstanding issues and ensure remediation is tracked to completion / customer satisfaction
- Perform routine event and alarm monitoring in accordance with standard operating procedures
- Perform start of day and end of day routine tasks per standard operating procedures
- Perform basic and routine operational/administrative tasks necessary to maintain and manage key systems per standard operating procedures
- Participate in on-call rotation and after-hours escalation
- Commitment to Integrity and Professionalism
- Able to demonstrate Leadership/Ownership regardless of position or tenure
- Intelligent, Capable, and Creative
- Thirst for Knowledge and Continual Improvement
- Highschool Diploma
- Relevant technical certifications such as CompTIA A+, Network+ (or equivalent experience)
Preferred Skills/Qualifications (All Roles)
- A drive to grow and improve technical understanding and certification
- Scripting experience (Powershell, Bash)
- Military or Law Enforcement experience is a definite plus
- Solid experience with any of the following is strongly desired: switching and routing, systems and storage management, databases, firewalls, and optical networking