NetFabric is a rapidly growing enterprise Managed Services Provider based in the Oklahoma City area. We are seeking highly skilled and motivated Shift Supervisor to work in our 24×7 Network Operations Center. We are currently staffing for all shifts, (which should be understood as a player-coach position for a senior technologist with solid leadership and mentoring experience: this role is strictly hands-on technical positions).
The Network Operations Center (NOC) is a central location from which IT Support staff can monitor and manage client networks and systems. A NOC Technician monitors network components and devices through performance statistics, event logs, alert and alarm status indicators, and various remote management and monitoring tools and technologies to determine the health of those systems and remediate problems. They provide direct support for end-user environments and use workflow tools to ensure that problems are escalated to senior technicians and engineers as needed.
Tier 3 NOC Technicians include the responsibilities of the Tiers listed above, plus:
- Perform advanced operational/administrative tasks necessary to maintain and manage systems to high standards of performance and availability, per standard operating procedures
- Assist with infrastructure design and architecture necessary to achieve those high standards
- Assist in the creation of advanced runbooks and operating procedures
- Provide credible input for technology standards and policy decisions
- Develop authoritative subject matter expertise (i.e. “Mastery”) in multiple systems, technologies, or processes critical to NOC success
- Coach and mentor more junior staff, and serve as an escalation point for more difficult problems
- Relevant advanced technical certifications such as CCNP, JNCIP, CCIE, JNCIE, CISSP, etc. (or equivalent experience)
- At least 3-5 years’ practical experience providing support and management of critical infrastructure and systems
Preferred Skills/Qualifications (All Roles)
- A drive to grow and improve technical understanding and certification
- Scripting experience (Powershell, Bash)
- Military or Law Enforcement experience is a definite plus
- Solid experience with any of the following is strongly desired: switching and routing, systems and storage management, databases, firewalls, and optical networking
Apply for this position
Passionate about helping companies become more profitable through IT solutions?
We’d love to hear from you. Email your resume/questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org